We’re giving you the best tips and tricks that you can do right at home for achieving the most gorgeous, most daring and most memorable beauty looks seen at the biggest event in Hollywood.
Brie Larson, who won for Best Actress in a Leading Role, was definitely a leading lady with her half-up, half-down red carpet style that’s actually quite simple to do. Here’s how:
- On damp hair, prep your hair with and create a centre part and round brush your hair while blow drying it completely.
- Mist a little bit of to achieve soft curls mid-way down the hair shaft with .
- Brush away the waves with a boar-bristle brush and add a touch of for added shine from mid-lengths to ends.
- Although Pink Pewter headbands are actually headbands, you can disguise the band by securing it under half of your hair by looping your hair through the band and securing the band underneath with some bobby pins.
- Using pieces of hair in front of the ears you can begin wrapping hair around the head piece. And of course, securing it in place with bobby pins.
- You can secure the headband in place by disguising pins under wrapped pieces of hair for extra hold.
- Finish the look off with and some to the ends.
Chrissy Teigen was announced the queen of braids as she rolled out in an “effortless” messy braid. We say effortless as the vibes were there, but it’s not exactly anything but. It’s not like there were one or two braids here, there were FIVE!! However, it’s a great look that you can definitely achieve on your own.
- Start off with damp hair and apply Redken Braid Aid 03 Defining Lotion all over hair, avoiding the ends of your hair and spray to five parted sections at the root and work the product in.
- Round brush your hair while blow drying, focusing most of the volume at the roots.
- Take a generous amount of hair at the crown and pin it back. Then grab two one-inch sections from beside your ears and braid it to the ends, rubbing the hair to give added texture.
- Unpin the hair at the crown and weave three more braids down the middle of your head. Now you have FIVE braids in total. Grab an elastic and secure them all together. For extra hold, add bobby pins through the braids to link them together for extra security.
- Take the lengths of the hair that have not been braided and create one giant braid. and secure with an elastic, leaving the ends of the hair unbraided.
- To complete the look, pull loose pieces of hair around your face for added volume. Then rub some in your hands and toussle the braid to give more of that “effortless” look.
Kate Winslet kept her look simple and classic with coveted loose curls and a light makeup too boot. There was also no doubt that everyone was ooing and ahhing as she posed with ‘Titanic’ co-star Leonardo DiCaprio. But we’re all over her waves for days. Here’s how to get her look:
- On damp hair, spray Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer all over hair and blow out with a round brush.
- Once completely dry, use to curl sections away from your face.
- Finish the look off by setting your curls with
It’s almost impossible not to say, but… Rooney Mara was clearly inspired by Rey in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, as her buns were on fire! Mara knows how to stand out from a crowd, especially with her sci-fi triple bun that everyone is asking how does she do it. Well, here’s how:
- Make sure to blow dry your hair in the direction you plan to secure your buns in place.
- Separate your hair into THREE ponytails and secure with a clear elastic.
- Apply to tame flyaways and twist hair into buns and secure with a pin.
- And to finish off the look, spray all over so the buns stay strong all night long.